Driven by our mission to prevent domestic & sexual violence in our community while providing services that empower victims, Albion Fellows Bacon Center continues to work strategically with our community & partner agencies. Our services are designed to assess barriers of safety and self-sufficiency, as well as the emotional and psychological needs a victim may have. In utilizing Trauma Informed Care, our staff focuses on an individuals well-being as we understand, recognize, and respond to the effects of their trauma.
Staff, community advocates, and Albion’s Board of Directors to ensuring that our services remain free and confidential. Through this dedication, we can provide:
- 24-hour Crisis Lines
- Safe shelter for victims & children
- Support group & individual advocacy
- Dedicated Children’s Program
- Legal Advocacy
- Crisis Response
- Information & referrals
- Primary Prevention Programs
- Community Education
Year in Review
Serving 11-counties in Southern Indiana, Albion reached thousands of individuals in 2018.
- Our Shelter Program provided 8,250 nights of safe shelter to 222 adults (3 men & 229 women) & 121 children.
- Our 24-hour Crisis Lines received 4,020 calls.
- Our Non-Residential Program rendered services 4,148 times.
- Our Prevention & Outreach efforts provided 1,364 students with information on dating, domestic abuse, and sexual abuse. A total of 1,858 individuals interacted with community education efforts and professional training.
Non-Residential (Additional Statistics)
- Domestic Abuse Services provided 2,924 times
- Sexual Assault Services provided 1,057 times
- Stalking Services provided 132 times
- Human Trafficking Services provided 35 times
- Staff responded to 136 area business, hospitals, or law enforcement agency requests where an individual may have disclosed their trauma, requested support during reporting, or sought additional resources
Residential (Additional Statistics)
- Albion’s average length of stay in 2018 was 22 days
Community support ensures the continued success of Albion’s programs. As an advocate of Albion, your dollars remain in our community as you empower and support our clients.