They say domestic violence is a problem that happens behind closed doors.
Here’s a fact that blows those doors wide open – on average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States which equates to 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men experiencing some form of physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.
We, as a community, can do better than this.
On October 26th, 2018 Albion is holding a public awareness event called “iCare” to raise awareness of and stand against domestic violence.
As a participating business you:
- Agree to become an iCare sponsor at: $5,000 (Underwriter), $2,500 (Empowerer), $1,000 (Advocate), $500 (Hope), or $150 (iCare).
- Will display iCare materials (provided by Albion Fellows Bacon Center) across your place of business to help raise awareness of domestic violence.
- Host a fundraiser benefiting Albion Fellows Bacon Center in your place of business.
- Participate in iCare Day on Friday, October 26th by encouraging staff to wear a black eyepatch and lapel sticker provided by Albion Fellows Bacon Center).
As a participating individual you:
- Become an iCare participant with a $35 donation to Albion.
- Will receive an individual registration packet in the mail with information to help you raise awareness of domestic violence.
Additionally, Albion Fellows Bacon Center will announce your participation across social media and list your participating business on our website.
Join people throughout the community who will be taking the “iCare” pledge by wearing a symbolic black eye to raise awareness of the domestic violence problem in our community and raising funds for Albion to help save lives.
Domestic violence is not a problem that can be kept hidden any longer. On October 26 help us bring awareness to this epidemic.